Members of the Federal Reserve’s Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council (CDIAC) raised concerns about compliance examination processes and the current regulatory landscape in a recent meeting, according to minutes released on Friday by the Fed.CDIAC members are selected from representatives of banks, thrift institutions, and credit unions serving on newly created local advisory councils at the twelve Federal Reserve Banks. One member of each of the Reserve Bank councils is selected to serve on the CDIAC, which meets twice a year with the Board of Governors in Washington.“The council is very concerned that the working partnership that has existed for many years between examiners and bankers and credit unions is no longer working well, as manifested by increased examination timeframes, less risky concerns being mentioned as matters requiring attention or documents of resolution, and a lack of exam focus on an institution’s overall risk profile,” the group said. continue reading » 7SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Dutch marine contractor Boskalis has recently won a batch of marine transportation contracts including a record-breaking FPSO transport deal for its giant BOKA Vanguard semi-submersible vessel.For Illustration only: Boskalis’ BOKA Vanguard carrying an FPSO / Image source: BoskalisBoskalis said the recent contracts were awarded by a variety of clients and carry a combined value of approximately $120 million.While it didn’t name the clients, Boskalis said the execution of the majority of projects is scheduled to take place in 2021 and 2022. The company will see four of its heavy lift and transportation vessels employed for these projects – BOKA Vanguard, Blue Marlin, Black Marlin, and White Marlin.As mentioned earlier, Boskalis said that the contracts include a weight record-breaking FPSO transportation deal.“Following last year’s transportation of a sizable box-shaped FPSO, Boskalis secured a contract to transport a similar FPSO from China to Brazil. With a weight exceeding 91,000 tons this marks another record-breaking transport for the BOKA Vanguard, which is scheduled to commence at the end of 2019,” Boskalis said, without providing further details.As for the previous record, Boskalis in April 2018 said the Boka Vanguard – one of the world’s largest semi-submersible heavy lift vessels – was getting ready to load a 90,000-ton FPSO unit – equivalent to the weight of approximately 300 Boeing 747s – the heaviest cargo ever to be transported by a semi-submersible heavy lift vessel.FPSO for North Sea, FPUs for GoMApart from the new record-breaking FPSO contract, Boskalis on Wednesday it had secured a contract for the transportation of various large LNG modules from a fabrication yard in China to Russia.The contract ties up the two high-end open-stern heavy transport vessels Blue Marlin and Black Marlin starting in the second quarter of 2021.Furthermore, Boskalis was awarded the contract for the transportation of an FPSO from the fabrication yard in China to the North Sea in 2021 and the transportation of two Floating Production Systems from Singapore to the Gulf of Mexico in the period 2021-2022.Boskalis said that those cargoes would be transported on the White Marlin and Blue Marlin heavy-lift and transportation vessels.These contracts were signed in the third and fourth quarter of 2019. Approximately 50% of the combined contract value was awarded in the fourth quarter, Boskalis said.Offshore Energy Today StaffSpotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email.Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product, or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form, where you can also see our media kit.
Philippe Coutinho is set to stay at Camp NouMiami, United States | AFP | Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde claimed on Wednesday that Philippe Coutinho is set to stay at Camp Nou despite strong interest in the unsettled Brazilian from the Premier League.The latest status update came after Croatian Ivan Rakitic score a 79th-minute winner to see off Napoli 2-1 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.Former Liverpool forward Coutinho has distanced himself from a move to Tottenham — he was also linked with Arsenal — and with the transfer window in England closing Thursday, the chances of the 27 year-old returning to England appear slim.Former Barca forward Neymar, currently at Paris St. Germain, has also been touted to make a sensational return to the La Liga champions, although it has now been suggested that arch rivals Real Madrid are also weighing up a move.“The plan is to count on Coutinho,” Valverde stressed. “The transfer windows are open but we expect him to stay of course.“And as for Neymar, the last time I came to this stadium I had to answer a load of questions about him. Two years later and it’s the same again. It’s like it’s following me. I don’t know what is going to happen.”Croatian midfielder Rakitic struck with a crisply driven effort after an own-goal from Samuel Umtiti had cancelled out Sergio Busquet’s opener for the Spaniards.This was the first leg of two matches between these European giants with the second encounter taking place in Michigan on Saturday.“It was a pretty open game and we were able to give many of the squad some minutes so it was a positive outcome for us,” added Valverde, who is without the injured Lionel Messi for this US mini-tour.Antoine Griezmann, Barcelona’s $134 million signing from Atletico Madrid, was lively from the start, linking up well with strike partner Luis Suarez.Coutinho has traveled to the United States but wasn’t in the match day squad having been granted extra time off following his exertions at the Copa America last month. – Crowd backs Barcelona –It was the Italians, managed by former Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti, who created the more clear cut openings.A superb move on 18 minutes saw Lorenzo Insigne denied by a brilliant point blank save from Marc-Andre ter Stegen before Belgian Dries Mertens fired just wide.Barcelona were struggling to find any rhythm but seven minutes before the break, captain Busquets superbly curled home, much to the delight of the pro Barca crowd of 57,062.Three minutes later, however, Napoli deservedly drew level, ex-Real Madrid midfielder Jose Callejon’s effort was turned past Ter Stegen by Umtiti who endured a difficult half in defence, as did new signing Junior, the full-back who was making his debut.Suarez and Griezmann were both replaced at half-time but the game lacked the intensity of the opening exchanges with a succession of substitutions from both managers.With 23 minutes remaining, Ousmane Dembele hit the post with a curling effort but only Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik will know how he missed from close range a few minutes later, the Polish forward somehow putting the ball over the bar with his chest.And the excellent Rakitic made Napoli pay by drilling in from the edge of the area to secure the win for Barcelona.“We created a lot of opportunities and we hope to play in a similar way in the next game,” said Ancelotti, who refused to confirm reports suggesting Colombian midfielder James Rodriguez was set to join Napoli on loan from Real Madrid.“Barcelona are a great team but I thought we competed well.”Share on: WhatsApp